Thursday, June 25, 2009

Life as we know it

Here are some photos of the family.  Me, in my usual spots these days, nursing.  Actually usually I am eating, nursing, and talking on the phone. 

 Lately when I see photos of myself, I think I look older.  Not necessarily in a bad way, just older.  I suppose that's what having children does to you. Perhaps what I notice in my face is a certainty I wasn't able to trust before children.  That is true.  I have even greater convictions now, and in many ways I see myself less as the daughter of my parents and more as the protector of my own children.  What I think or feel, I must trust.  This morning I had the girls in the big, yellow, double stroller and a van drove by with two men in it. They slowed down as they passed us and I felt for a brief moment, frightened.  But instead of being frightened for myself, my fear was for my girls.  "I" never entered my thoughts, just the protection of Tessa and Teagan.  

Tessa is a wild wild child on her scooters and bikini tops.
Here, Tessa has collected the newspapers from the neighbors lawn and is bringing it back to our recycling bin.  What I like about this photo is the urgency and assertiveness in her walk.  She knows just what she is doing!
Brian, Tess, Teagan and me. We were celebrating my cousin, Christine's birthday.  Below, Tess gets in on the candle action.

1 comment:

  1. What a great snapshot of life! Tessa looks like she has a very developed personality, just from the photos! And you look good too - you've cut your hair! When I first saw that picture of your cousin, I wondered if it was you and you'd dyed your hair blonde! With the picture enlarged I could tell it wasn't you, but you can tell you're related for sure. Thanks for putting the effort into doing a blog (I know how much work it can be), it's nice to keep up with your family.

    ReplyDelete