Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This is the adventure

Me, running, with both the girls.... really really really hard. My arms ache so bad, even once I'm done.  I am reminded of all the struggles I have worked through over the last 12 years that I've been running.  And this struggle, how freaking hot it is and how freaking heavy this stroller and car seat and toddler and infant.... well, I am doing it. I am doing it, somehow.  I hope my girls both know the power of mind over matter.  It's truly a testament to mothering, how to do what is best for you, the mother, maintaining your own person, your own self and still meet the needs of your children.  So what if I have to take a walk break and tie Tessa's shoe or stop so she can pee or swat a mosquito off Teagan's forehead.  At least I'm out there, maintaining some sense of my identity!
Our dear dear friends, Barbara and Glenn entertaining Teagan or maybe even more so, entertaining themselves!  Barbara was here at the house during Teagan's birth. We are lucky to have their love.

Tessa and her mittens. We read "Goodnight Moon"  and Tessa found these mittens and when she wears them she says "Goodnight mittens, goodnight kittens"

1 comment:

  1. I am honored to call you my friend, thank you for your inspiration! I really needed to read this today, perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete