Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In marriage










From the groom:

Friends and Family.
Whew. Friends and Family. Those two words have blurred for me so often and so deeply lately, that all I see is family now. My blood and my childhood memories remind me of my brothers and sisters and of what my Mom once said to me..."there is family, and there is nothing else." Once again, Mami, you are right. There is family and there is family.
I have been so humbled to see all the love that was obvious on Colleen and my wedding night. So much laughter, joy, conversation and... laughter. Above all, laughter. Tons of smiles and laughter. I'll be honest, that night was like being in a dream to me, but I do remember hearing lots and lots of laughter. Claire, Tessa and Teagan...OR Me and Colleen...OR Zaida, Art, Andre, Tony, Stacey and Memi (poor Alan Brown:()...OR Bruce,Clay, Arthur, Brandie and Tripp
I heard so much laughter, I never felt the need to be the one to start the party or the one to keep the party going. I was content to sit with my wife, enjoy the perfect blend of my family and Colleen's family simmer in that beautiful sculpture garden and create delicious memories of our wedding night (yeah, Lani...I REALLY LOVED your toast. It rang a HUGE bell in my heart. I love you.)
Simply put...I thank you all. I love you all. I am so happy you all met and I'm very fortunate to be part of Colleen's family. They have welcomed me with open arms and wider hearts. You met them. You know.

Poets, painters and songsters could express my feelings more eloquently, but none could mean it more than me....then...and right now...and always. I love you all. Thank you for loving me. Alain























No comments:

Post a Comment